Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And the tears flowed


“What?” I shouted. I could not get how Mike would insult me and get away with it.

“Ann, are you sure he didn’t tell you about the incident?” Fred asked.

“He didn’t. I told you before.” Ann responded. “What are you going to do Kate?”

“I don’t know. He was drunk at the time and I bet he is already feeling guilty about it.”

“Or maybe he wasn’t that drunk and he wanted to take advantage of you.” Fred added.

“I don’t think we should make any conclusion about this.” Ann said looking very angry. “I’ll talk to him first then we can decide on the matter. Are you okay?”

“Not really. I still want him to pay for this.” I said.

We sat in silence for a little while. Fred tried to call Mike but he wasn’t picking up his calls so we decided to rest the matter till he comes back. Ann excused herself and went to the bedroom leaving me alone with Fred. I suggested we cook dinner but he insisted he wasn’t up for it so we decided to have a takeout at a nearby food joint. I went into the bedroom and found Ann curled up across her bed studying the bedroom ceiling.

“Ann, we are going over to Joe’s Place. Do you need anything?” I asked.

“No. I’m okay but thanks for asking.” She responded.

“Are you sure? You know you have to eat.”

“I’m”

After about an hour, Fred and I headed back but he declined to enter insisting it was really dark. He wished me good night and left. Ann was still curled up in the same position we had left her when I entered the house. She was sobbing.

“Ann, what’s wrong?”

“I just can’t believe Mike is capable of doing that.”

“Me too but maybe he was just drunk or something.”

“Yea…but he had no right to do what he did to you. What if Fred wasn’t around when you were being attacked?”

“I thought about that too but there is nothing we can do at the moment.”

“I just wouldn’t believe he was capable of that. I have known him for the past few years and something like this has ever come up.” Ann said placing the pillow behind her back for support.

I didn’t know what to say at this moment but i just leaned in and hugged her. I cried all the anger that i had and Ann joined in. I cried blaming myself why didn’t I report him to the police and why did he do that to me of all the people. He didn’t even bother to apologize to me and decided to go to his parents.

1 comment: