Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Only Three Weeks Along

I heard footsteps outside my door, and then the lock opened. I had already guessed who that would be. I knew Mike had told Frank that I was at home and he wanted to check up on me.

I saw a head peeping at the door. He had a weary smile. I really wished to see a true smile on his face, the one that touches his eyes. He was still adorned in his formal wear. He came in, hugged me and sat down directly opposite me.

“Are you okay?” Frank asked placing my hands on his thighs.

“Yes, I’m feeling a little better. Thank you.” I replied.

“That’s good. Uh…how did the test go?”

“Not what I expected.” I replied trying to look away.

“So what did the doctors find out?” Frank asked. I had a feeling he already knew the answer.

“I’m so sorry Frank.”

“Sorry for what?”

“I’m pregnant.” I answered and looked up at him.

“Are you serious?”

I didn’t answer. Tears were already forming up.

“How did this happen?” He asked. “We only did it a few times.”

Suddenly I felt like I could hit him across the face with the remote that I was holding. Was this a joke to him? How could he ask such a stupid question?  Did he know the risk involved in sexual relationships?

“So how many months?”

“I’m only three weeks along.”

“So what are you planning to do?”

“What am planning to do? Don’t you think you should be asking what are we planning to do?” I replied.

“I’m sorry. Its just all crazy. We have only been dating for two months and I wasn’t prepared for this.”

“Me too. I didn’t plan any of this.” I tried defending myself.

I’m sorry but I don’t think we should keep this baby or whatever it is.” He finally said after a minute of silence.

“Like in abortion?”

“Yes.”

I didn’t know what to reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment