Sunday, January 29, 2012

All Smiles

After dinner, Fred's mom led me upstairs to a room where I could rest and put the bags that we had in the car. The room was tastefully done with the bed as the main focus of the room. The ceiling to floor windows on the left side of the room gave me a beautiful view of the compound and the hills on the horizon. The baby blue curtains which matched the bed covers fell gracefully on the windows. I closed the door and hurriedly got my phone out.

"You won't believe it!" I shouted at the phone as the call went through and Ann picked it up.

"What?" Ann asked.

"This guys are ridiculously rich! Very rich!" I said excited while sitting at the hedge of the bed.

"Tell me more." She asked sounding more interested in the story.

"The house is huge and they have everything that I ever wished for." I said. "And importanly, the family was really glad when they saw me."

"Awww, thats nice." She replied.

"Yes, it is but I didn't expect this much. I'm really lucky."

"You are." Ann said. "So where are you now?"

"I'm in a room upstairs that I have been given. Its twice as big as both of our rooms." I said.

"I'm jealous."

I let out a big laugh but was cut short when I head a door knock. Fred walked in.

"Girl, have to go but ill talk to you later." I said and hanged up.

Fred walked up to me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I'm so lucky to have you baby."

"I'm lucky too and you have a wonderful family."

"They can't stop talking about you. They really like you." He said with a smile on his face while stroking my hair backwards.

I smiled back and gave him a hug.

"So, mind if i take you for a walk around the compound?" Fred asked.

"No, not at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment