Thursday, August 18, 2016

Next Day...


I think I have outgrown petty issues. I decided to assume her and continue doing what I had planned to do.

I heated some water and then rinsed out Chloe's utensils. I proceeded to then cook her breakfast. She has always liked warm milk, cereals and bacon. 

After I was done, I went to check on her and found her already up. She was playing with her dolls in her crib. I picked her up, tickled her then together, we went to the living room where I fed her as we were watching cartoons. The dad later joined us still wearing last nights outfit. He took the usual; a glass of juice and two slices of bread.

"There are sausages in a bowl next to the microwave." I said to him. "There are eggs too."

"No..maybe later." He answered holding the right side of his head.

"Are you okay?"

"No. I have a bad headache." He replied. "How many drinks did I have last night?"

"A lot." I said laughing. "Just drink the juice then take some painkillers. You will be okay."

As I continued feeding Chloe, I was still thinking about the issue that happened earlier on. Should I tell Fred about the sister or should I just leave the whole thing and pretend it did not happen? What if she twists the story and portray me as the bad one?

I finally decided not to tell Fred. I will just keep quiet about it.

Fred was in the bedroom on his laptop. I left him with the baby as I cleaned the house. I washed the utensils that we used then quickly had a shower. I then bathed the baby and waited for the nanny to come.

We heard a knock on the bedroom door.

"Yes, come in." Fred shouted.

It was his sister. "Can I please talk to you?" 

Fred walked out and joined her in the hallway. I could not hear what they were saying but after a few minutes, Fred came back and told me the sister was leaving. 

"Ill drop her at her place then come back." He told me.

"Okay." I responded. I was glad she was leaving

"Do you need anything from the shops?" 

"Yes. Please buy me some minced meat and some spring onions." I replied.

And off they went. I started trying to plait Chloe's hair as I listened to music booming from the speaker placed on the far corner of the room. My phone rang. It was the nanny. 

"Hello Kate?"

"Hello." I responded.

"I wanted to let you know that I would not be able to come today. I have an emergency at home."

"Is everything okay?" I asked concerned.

"Not sure but Ill let you know as soon as I find out." 

"Yes please." 

As I hanged up the call, I prayed that everything was alright. She has been the best nanny anyone would get. She was so good with the baby and she was not too expensive.



No comments:

Post a Comment