Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thick Skin

We went through everything in our bedroom while cleaning it up just to check if anything was missing. Everything is still intact so I guess I did run my mind wild.

We cooked rice and beef stew as we were both feeling hungry. Ann updated me on what happened while I was gone. Apparently, Mike had come back two days after I left and apologized to Ann about the incident. He says he had consumed alcohol past his limit and he went on acting funny. Although he tried, Ann wanted nothing but a break on their relationship. I really felt bad for her. She had really worked hard to make the relationship work only to be messed up by a silly mistake. Maybe the break was going to be a good thing for them. Mike hadn’t made an effort to call me and apologize so I wasn’t going to pity him. Ann’s work was going on well for her and she had managed to make a few friends at work.

After taking a rest, I decided to call Frank.

“Hey Frank? How are you?” I asked.

“Hey dear, I’m good. Are you back from hiding?”

“I’m back. Just arrived a few hours ago and thought I should let you know.”

“Thanks.”

“So what are you planning to do this evening?”

“I don’t know. I hadn’t planned anything yet but we can catch up if you don’t mind.”

“Yea… I wouldn’t mind. Would you mind passing by the house we leave together?”

“Alright but ill take a few more minutes. I’m at Mike’s place so ill have to pass by my house before I come over.”

Silence.

“Kate, are you okay?”

“Yea, I am. Just didn’t think Mike was around.”

“He came by yesterday. So are you up for the drinks?”

“Yea.”

“Okay. Ill be there in an hour.”

Truth be told, I wasn’t sure if it was a good thing Frank was that close to Mike after what he did. I thought Mike was at his parent’s place as Ann hadn’t seen him after their breakup. I told Ann about the conversation with Frank regarding Mike and she didn’t even flinch. Was she really over him or just putting a thick skin to show she was okay?

1 comment:

  1. now that am following this story! cant wait for the next part!

    ReplyDelete