Saturday, September 24, 2011

All in a day

"I told you it wasn't going to be that hard." Ann said.

We had met up with her after work as Fred had decided to pass through his pals place so that they could catch a rugby match later in the day. Ann was so excited for me to tell her more information regarding work. For her, she had found a perfect partner to be discussing work related stuff with.

"It was so tiring." I answered.

"You will get over it." she said.

"Okay. So how are you and Mike doing?"

"Why do you ask?"

"You guys seem so distance. When was the last time you guys spoke to each other?" I asked.

"Not long ago." she answered quickly while jumping over a pothole on the side of the road.

"Ann, don't lie to me."

"Okay!" she said lowering her voice. "We are just not close as we used to be."

"So what are you guys doing about it?"

"Guess we are afraid of facing the issues."

I was not sure of what to say. So we walked in silence all the way to the house. Shit! No lights. It is going to be a long day! I walked to the kitchen and directly to the refrigerator. I need food.

"Hey, come with a glass of milk for me." Ann shouted from the other room.

"There is no milk."

"Juice?"

"Nope. There is food if you want?"

"Urrggh."

"Yea. It is even tricky as the food is cold and no lights to heat it up with the microwave." I said while walking back to the sitting room. "I'm hungry!"

"Me too. Lets go and get food at the hotel downstairs." Ann said.

No comments:

Post a Comment