Friday, September 9, 2011

Peeing Tom

A few hours pass and am still flipping on the files that the HR had passed onto me this morning. I was to read through the files and get to know on what I was to deal with as my job in the firm. The files were mostly on the salary and deductions records. It became complicated as it was divided according to different departments in the office.

I took my time with the IT file. Fred's file was the one I was so curious for. Ever since we started dating, the topic of his salary has never come up. I thought it would be a breech of privacy if i knew it. Right now, I got my chance and I wasn't going to lose it.

What! My head is going to flip. Fred was earning a huge salary not to mention the allowances. Why the hell was he living the way he did? The cash for the month could sustain me for at least three months in advance!

The phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, its Mrs. Wright. Mind to step into my office?"

"Ill be there in a second." I said replacing down the receiver.

I quickly closed down the files and walked out of the office.My heart could not stop beating fast as I strode through the corridors to her office. It was kind of a deja vu. It all brought back the memories of the first day I came to her office during the interview. I knocked on the door and stepped in.

"Have a seat." She said without lifting her head up.

"Thank you." I said sitting down on the chair opposite her.

"So, has the HR given you a brief of what to expect?" She asked.

"Yes she did. I was currently reading through some of the files that she handed to me."

"That is good. There will be more work ahead so be ready to work on them."

"Yes. I'm ready for it."

"Good. Incase of anything, let the HR know and you will be assisted. Ill leave you to get back to your office while I attend a meeting."

"Thank you for the opportunity." I said standing up.

"Don't thank me yet. Just work hard."

"I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment