Thursday, November 10, 2011

Excuse me

Since time was moving pretty quickly, I had to get back to the office. I excused myself and left the room towards the main exit door of the hospital before I felt someone touch my shoulder.

"Excuse me Catherine." A voice spoke out.

I turned around and saw that it was Fred's mom. She had ran to reach me as she was really breathing heavily.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Sorry to ask you this but are you Fred's girlfriend?" She asked and looked down.

I was silent for a while before I answered her. "Yes i am."

"Oh, I thought so too. He has been speaking very highly of you." She replied.

"Really?" I asked really astonished.

"Yes, he has. Whenever we had conversations with him over the phone he usually talked about you so I figured you are his girlfriend."

"That's really nice of him. I'm really sorry for what happened to him."

"I'm sorry too. Thank you for being there for him." She said. "Sorry we had to meet under such circumstances but I'm really glad to have met you."

"Me too. I'm so glad that we have finally met." I said. "I have to leave but I hope we can see each other again."

"Yes, definitely. Take care dear." She said.

I looked at my watch and saw that I had only five minutes left. Damn! Now I have to take a cab to the office. I was really avoiding to take a taxi to the office since I was so low on my cash but I had no other option. Out on the street, I flagged down the first one I saw and got in.

Glad I didn't have much work in the office so the day was a little bit better for me. Time dragged on and on so by the time lunch hour reached, I wished the day was over already.

No comments:

Post a Comment