Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gold on my finger!

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked shocked on what I thought was going to happen.

"Kate, would you marry me?" he asked will opening up a red square box.

Mouth wide open, I struggled with words to give him. A little tear slowly descended on my cheeks as I covered my face with both my hands.

"Kate?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Would you?"

"Yes, yes." I answered him in between sobs. Some clapping ensured from the neighbouring tables.

"Phew, thank you." He finally said smiling. He rose up slowly from the floor back to his seat.

"How did you do this?" I asked fiting the pretty ring on my middle finger.

"I knew you always wanted to come to this place so I knew it would give the surprise was gonna be good." He said taking his drink. "You like it?"

"Very much. I really can't believe it. It really looks expensive."

"The price should not be your concern." He said smiling.

"Fred, are you sure about this? I mean we have only dated for a few months." I said admiring the gold ring on my finger.

"I know but you are the perfect one for me. Thank you for being there for me when I was down and up emotionally. I would like you to be mine forever." he asked.

"Awww, me too. This is the best dinner date ever! I can't wait to tell Ann and Mike."

"Maybe Ann. Mike knows about it."

"What?"

"Yea, he was the one who made the reservations here for me and I went with him to pick out the ring."

"My, my, my. You guys are really something."

"Yes we are." He said kissing me on my hand.

We spent the rest of the evening celebrating this part of our relationship. I really wouldn't have guessed something like this would happen but I'm so happy. I love this guy so much and wouldn't want anything to come between us. He is now my fiance. I feel good saying that!

I called Ann later to break the news to her and she was so overjoyed that she broke down on the phone. Who wouldn't! Isn't this what every girl wants?

No comments:

Post a Comment