Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Delirious


We spent the next thirty minutes enjoying the pizza while talking mostly about work. His department was experiencing some issues with the server.  They have been busy trying their best to restore it back to order since morning but they haven’t been so lucky. It seems that I was so busy that I didn’t notice about the slow internet connection. 

We started walking back to the office after we were done with lunch. I suggested we use a different route to the office so we took the backstreet where it was less crowded. It was then that I noticed several small stores that had a sale on household stuffs to clothes. Since we didn’t have time, we did some quick window shopping. On the fourth shop, one thing caught my eye. There by the window, a beautiful ivory gown with silver straps was hang on one of the mannequins. It was beautiful! I have to have it!

Fred seemed to notice this because he laughed out loud.

“Are you serious?” he asked.                                                         

“What?” I asked back.

“Are you seriously thinking about the dress?”

“What do you mean?” I asked him knowingly too well how the conversation was going.

“Are you thinking of getting the dress for the wedding?”

I laughed out loud. “Kind of.”

“I thought you said that you are not those type of girls who get delirious on wedding stuff.” He said.

“But this is beautiful….” I started.

“Yea, yea, yea. So are you going to get it?” Fred asked smiling.

“Maybe. Speaking of which, when are we going to go over to my parents place?” I asked.

“Ooops!  Had even forgotten about that! Maybe next weekend? I may be free although I have to confirm with the office schedule.”

“Next weekend would be perfect for me. Just confirm with me when we get to the office so that I can call them up.”
 
Time was running out so we rushed back to the office. I made a mental note to go back to the shop after work so that I could check the price. I started work as soon after with a cheeky smile across my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment