Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Boat Trip

As we were passing time by the fire enjoying the night, a call came in through Fred’s phone. He picked it up quickly, looked at the screen for a moment then received it as he walked away to a safe distance. I found it odd since he had never done something like this before. He came back five minutes later but didn’t say a word about it. I opted to keep quiet and let it go.
The next morning, we woke up early and took a shower and prepared ourselves for the long trip. We were to go for a road trip with the family. I wasn’t sure where we were going but we were advised to dress light. We had breakfast with the others then got on the SUV that was already parked just right outside the door. Fred’s dad sat behind the wheel and took us on the drive.
After about three hours, the drive came to a stop. We were out on the hot sun overlooking the lake. We walked over to the other side where some picnic table and chairs were set up under some trees. The view of the horizon was amazing! The lake seemed so beautiful. The sun was shining brightly and reflected on the water giving it a glow. I sat next to Fred on the left side of the wooden table. Fred’s brother sat on the end of the table while the parents sat on the right side.
A beautiful petite lady dressed in a black short dress came to our table and introduced herself as Lily. She was the one to serve us. We ordered some cold drinks first as we talked a bit on the view. We then walked down the lake. The white sand looked so damn pretty and it was warm. Good thing I carried my camera. I took some pictures of the whole family, the scenery and everything in sight. Fred and I raced each other along the beach. It was fun.
We returned back to the picnic sight and found the family seated having lunch already. We served ourselves some food and sat down to join the rest. In the middle of eating, Fred’s phone rang again and he quickly walked out and received it. This time around, I knew something was up! There was no way this was usual.
After lunch, we all boarded a small boat to take us to the lake. The boat ride was awesome.  The slow ride across the lake made it special. Since we were seated at the back of the boat with Fred, I decided to ask him about the phone calls he has been receiving.
“So who was that on the phone?” I asked.
“What?” He asked trying to look stunned.
“You have been receiving calls and you seem to run away in order to receive them?”
“Oh that? It was no one.” He said.                   
“Really?”
“Yes, it’s just some business that I am handling.” He replied.            
I knew this conversation was not going anywhere so I decided to just shut up. I was so mad at him. Does he think it was funny? I was not amused by his lies. I’ll get a way of knowing what he is hiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment