Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Jealousy!



I ignored the tension in the room and dashed to the shower. The warm water seemed to drain away my stress. I stayed in the shower for about ten minutes then came out wrapped in a white towel.

When I stepped into the bedroom from the bathroom, I found Fred standing at the exact position where I had left him. He was on the right side of the bed but clutching my mobile phone on his right hand. My heart skipped a beat!

“What are you doing?” I asked moving closer to him.

He didn’t answer.

“Fred, are you snooping my phone?” I asked quickly grabbing the phone out of his hands.

“Kate, why is Sam calling you?” He asked. “I thought we had discussed about this.”

“I don’t know. That is why I didn’t pick up!” I said sitting on the bed.

“Kate, I am serious. Are you still in communication with him” He shouted.

“Don’t shout at me Fred. Can’t you hear what I am saying? I said No.” I said walking out of the room.

Suddenly, Fred grabbed my hand while I was walking away and pushed me to the wall. I slammed the back of my head on the wall.

“Oh my God, Fred what the hell?” I screamed rubbing my head.

“I’m sorry dear. I just….”

“You just what? It was just an accident?”

“Yes.”

“Just leave me alone!” I said and walked back into the bedroom and locked the door.

I was still rubbing my head as I sat down on the bed. How the hell did Fred become so violent? The way he pushed me on the wall just because of a stupid argument was just ridiculous. I have never believed in violence especially coming from Fred. I stood up and walked to closet to get my sleeping gown but I saw myself on the mirror. I had not noticed that my towel had dropped from my body a while ago. I was totally naked and had not noticed! I checked on the floor but couldn’t trace it. So I opened the door and found it at the exact position where Fred had pushed me to the wall. Surprisingly, he was seated on the floor in a yoga position. I pretended not to see him and closed the door behind me. I went back, put on a gown then back to the bed and slept.

 I woke up early the next morning and had a shower before going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Fred was still sleeping on the couch. He was sleeping facing the seat but folding his arms up. He must have been feeling cold especially with the weather at the moment. I gave him a gentle tag to wake him up. He was startled but quickly stood up and went to the shower. I didn’t dare say a word to him.

We had breakfast, still in silence and drove to work. No one could have guessed that we had issues at home or between us. This is the day when I came to realize that many married people must have been hiding a lot of issues despite their beautiful smiles that they display. Wasn’t this a bit early for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment