Tuesday, February 11, 2014

At The Game..

I went back home and started preparing dinner. I was craving some fried foods so I decided to make French fries and chicken for dinner. I didn’t care about the health concerns today. All I wanted to do was eat!

When I returned back home, I didn’t find Fred. I think he must have stepped out for a few minutes. I waited for him while watching CSI: NY so that we could all have dinner together. It was around seven.

I think I got so engrossed on watching that when I looked at my phone’s clock, I got shocked. It was ten fifteen! I got worried since Fred had not come in yet. I dialed his number and tried to call him.

The call didn’t go through the first time so I tried again. He picked up.

“Kate?” he shouted trying to be heard.

“Baby, where are you? I have been waiting.”

“Kate?......Kate?” I heard him say while the line went off and on again.


“Let me text you!” he said and hang up.

After a few seconds, a text came through.

Sorry Kate, I went to watch the basketball game with Mike. Will be home soon.

I shook my head. Fred is usually so engrossed with games that at times he forgets what he was to do. It was already late and yet he was still out at this hour and tomorrow is a work day. I decided to eat. Wherever he is, he must have eaten already.

I took a shower then went to bed fifteen minutes to eleven. Fred had not yet come. I set the alarm and covered myself with the duvet. I must have slept for some time since the next thing I heard was a heavy blow to my leg. I woke up quickly and switched on the lights. It was Fred. He was trying to get to his side of the bed. I smelt his breath. He was high. I decided not to be angry and help him to sleep since I needed the sleep too. We would have to talk about it later on. I removed his dusty shoes. He was wearing a faded blue jeans with white t-shirt. He was heavy and made it look like a task I was doing by removing his clothing. By this time, he was already blacked-out so it was more cumbersome.

Finally, I returned back to my side and slipped into the sheets. I tried to close my eyes to sleep but I wouldn’t. Fred’s behavior had really annoyed me. I stretched out my hands and picked my phone from the bedside table. I looked at the clock. It was nearly four in the morning. I clicked. What kind of game was this that ended at this hour? How was he going to be at work in the morning? I returned the phone and tried again to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment