Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Take Care



From the clinic, I decided to pass by my mum’s house. Since I drove myself tot the clinic, the trip became really easy going to that part of town. My mother had recently moved to the city after my dad passed away last year. She felt she would be lonely back in the countryside after his demise. She was really excited about moving here but I still think she is lonely. Her recent escapades on drinking too much had me worried.

I found her in the living room watching Dr. Phil show. She was happy to see me. She gave me a tight hug and we sat down and watched the show together. Since I had come in when it had already started, I got to only watch twenty minutes of the remaining part of the show. Dr. Phil was discussing child negligence.

After it ended, I went to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee. I joined her on the couch and asked her how she was. She was okay; just a bit tired from the washing she had done that morning.

As she was concentrating on finding another interesting channel to watch, I found myself looking at her. She had developed fine wrinkles on the side of her mouth and on the forehead. Her skin was starting to sag. I had not noticed how aged she was. She was one glamorous woman but it seemed she could not defy the effects of age. I looked at her again. She was still beautiful. I moved towards her and kissed her on the cheek.

“What was that for?” she asked looking at me.

“Nothing, I just love you.”

“I love you too dear.”

She put on the Crime Network and we began watching it.

“Have you spoken to your brother?” she asked.

“Yes, but it was last week. He is good.”

“You should call him today evening.” She started. “His daughter is not feeling well.”

“Oh my, what’s the problem?”

“Molly got a bad flu after going on a school trip. She is under medication now but she has not gone to school for a few days.” She said.

“Ill make sure to call him as soon as I get back.”

“Say hi to him when you do.”

“I will.”

“How is Fred?”

“He is doing good mum. He is just busy with some errands at the moment.”

“Fred is good for you Catherine. He really cares about you.”

“I do care about him too mum.”

“Take care of that man. Its rare to find someone like him these days.”

I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment