Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Clinic



I accompanied Ann to the clinic that Saturday for her baby checkup. The clinic was located about two miles from our place so we used my car. Although it was a short trip, we jammed along some of the music we liked from back in the day. 

At the hospital, we went directly to the pediatrician department. The line was not that long. There were about six other people infront of us. As Ann filled in the forms, I found myself a seat on the waiting area.  We waited for about twenty minutes before our turn. Ann was called in and she went with the baby. I remained outside with her baby bag. I scrolled my phone while waiting for her.
She was done after a while. She came out with the baby wailing loudly. Concerned, I quickly rose up and held the baby. 

“What’s wrong?” I said taking the baby into my arms.

“The doctor gave him an injection.” She said sitting besides me.

I rubbed the baby’s back trying to console him. 

“I really hate when he is in pain.” Ann said after a few minutes.

“I understand. I don’t like it but its all for the best you know.” I replied.

“Yea.” 

We grabbed our stuff and went to the car. As soon as we strapped on our seat-belts, I suggested we head to the mall and grab ourselves some goodies to which Ann agreed. I drove to the nearest shopping mall. We went to one of the restaurants and ordered some milkshakes. For the baby, Ann had already carried him some milk. She didn't have to give him as he had cried himself to sleep on our way there.

“How is Mike?” I asked.

“He is good. He really is concerned about the baby which it’s a good thing.”

“That’s nice!” I replied.

“And you? You have been a bit stressed lately.” She asked.

“Not really” 

“Are you sure? Are you and Fred okay?”

“Yes we are. But there are times we have some issues between one another.”

“I’m sorry about that but in marriages you must have the issues coming up. You are all trying to adapt to each other.”

“I guess.”

“Just hold on to it. You will get it okay as time moves on.”

I nodded.

We continued sipping our drinks while looking at the view of the parking. Just then, I noticed a familiar figure coming towards us. I quickly looked at Ann and noticed she had noticed him too. He was smiling. My heart skipped a bit. I didn’t expect him there. I composed myself and waited for him to arrive.

“Hey guys.” He started.

“Hey Sam.” Ann replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment