Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ten Weeks


All three of the pregnancy sticks were showing positive results. No doubt I was pregnant! I didn't know whether to cry or not. Fred and I had been waiting for this news for a while now and it wouldn't have come at a better time. I lifted my head up and saw Fred staring at me. He mouth was wide open while his hands. I laughed and asked him what was wrong.

“Are you sure you are pregnant?” he asked.

“Yes.” I replied while collecting the used sticks to throw them in the hospital.

“And can you tell how many months it is?”

“No, not yet. I’ll have to go to the hospital to get that checked out.”

“Wow, that’s good.” He said while holding his head. “ I can’t believe am finally going to be a dad.”

He stepped closer and hugged me. He then planted a kiss on my lips and forehead.

“Let’s go to the hospital right now and check it out.” He asked.

“Ahhh, okay. Weren’t you going to the toilet first?” I reminded him.

After he was done, I picked up my handbag which had my insurance cards and together we drove off to one of the hospitals in our area. We were lucky as we only found two people waiting for the doctor. We filled in our details and when our turn arrived, we were shown into the doctor’s office.  The doctor, Dr. Morrison, was a tall slender built guy who looked like he was in his late forties. He ushered us in and pointed to the seats infront of him.

He read the form that I had filled in the details then asked me questions regarding my menstrual cycle. He traced back my history on when I become sexually active and if I was on any contraceptives. I answered all of his questions. He then drew blood from my arm and asked for us to wait for him on the reception as the results come out.

After a few minutes, the nurse called us back in and found Dr. Morrison waiting for us. His facial expressions could not reveal to us what he had in store for us.

As soon as we sat down, he started.

“Congratulations! You are pregnant.”

I smiled.

“Thank you doctor.  May I know how far I am?” I asked.

“Yes, you are about ten weeks along.” He responded.

No comments:

Post a Comment