Thursday, March 29, 2012

Caught

"You engaged?" he asked almost choking.

"Yes." I said smiling at him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." he replied.

"It's okay." I said while trying to comfort him.

"When did it happen?"

"In December."

"Congratulations are in order then." he said.

"Thank you so much."

"You are welcome."

 "By the way, I have to run back to the office. I'm kind of late already."

"Yea." He said while looking at his wrist watch. "I also have to run somewhere."

I leaned in and tried to hug him but he was really stiff. So I leaned in further but on the corner of my eyes, I saw Fred looking in on us by the window. I froze! I tried to smile at him but he wasn't smiling back so I picked up my phone and walked out to meet him.

"Hey." I started.

"What the hell are you doing with him?" He asked really angry.

"I was having lunch and met up with Sam."

"Is he the pal you lied to me about?" he asked.

I didn't have an answer so I kept quiet.

We walked back to the office in silence. My heart was really pounding as to what he thought I was doing with Sam. He was definitely pissed off so I tried to give him time to cool off before I tried to explain myself to him. At the office, it gave us a good time to keep off each other although I knew we just had to talk about it on our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment