Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mini-Reunion

Today was just not my day. I woke up late, had some filing issues at the office and as if to cap it all, I sent a wrong email to a client at a really important firm. I tried to make sure things came back to normal but it was all futile. Mrs. Wright called me up. It was one of those calls you don’t wish to get. Her anger and the shouting will be one of those things that I would remember for a long time. I had to focus!  As the day dragged on, I kept looking at the time wishing the day would just end. Fortunately for me, I had an afternoon meeting for two hours so by the time I was through, it was time to head home.

I met up with Mike at a restaurant near home as we were to catch up. It was a while since we last saw each other as it was before the festive season. Fred was also arriving today so we decided to all meet before we head home. Mike seemed so eager to talk about his festive season. He was really glad that his went so well. 

As I was about to share my experiences, Fred showed up. He gave us all a hug and grabbed himself a seat and joined us. 

“Hey dude, what’s up?” Fred asked Mike.

“I’m good bro. How was the trip?” Mike asked.

“It was okay except the usual traffic. Glad am here though.”

“Yea. Had missed you buddy.”

“Me too.” Fred said while giving him a back pat.

A waiter came by the table and he ordered some juice while Mike and I ordered a second round to our drinks.

“Kate, how was your day at the office?” Fred asked.

“It was the worst. You don’t even wanna know the details.” I replied.

“Okay, ill skip that.” He said and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment