Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We Good


While watching some series that I had bought the other day, I indulged in the food I just bought. Man, it was really tasty. The chicken was grilled really good! I was really preoccupied with the television that I didn’t notice or hear my phone ring. I noticed this when I was preparing to go to sleep. I had five missed calls and two messages. All of them were from Fred.

The first text was basically asking me where I was while the second tried to explain why he went MIA on me during our meeting. Apparently he was called back in the office to fix up some computer systems that had gone down.  He spent most of the evening in the office and only left an hour ago.  Seriously, he couldn’t just call to say he was going to be late? I called him up.

He answered almost immediately when I called.

“Hello?” he called out.

“Hey, Sorry I didn’t hear the phone ring.”

“It’s okay. I’m really sorry for making you wait the whole evening. I hope you got the text explaining what happened.” he said.

“Yea, I got it but you couldn’t call to let me know you were called back to the office?”

“That’s the blunder I made. I thought the work was just going to take a few minutes, thirty minutes tops, but time seemed to move a little bit faster than I realized. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. You had dinner?” I asked.

“Yea, I grabbed some snacks on my way home.”

“I’m sorry about what happened earlier in the day on seeing Sam and I. He was just apologizing for the many mistakes he made back then. Nothing more.” I said.

“Sorry I flipped out. Guess I am not yet completely comfortable with him around.”

“So we good?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“Thank you so much. Glad we ended that on a smooth note.”

“Me too. So we catch up tomorrow? Ill cook dinner at my place.” He said

“Definitely.”

No comments:

Post a Comment