Friday, April 27, 2012

Who is the Guest?


What I thought was going to be a smooth day didn’t turn out the way I expected. The work that I was to handle was a lot and didn’t have much time to it. So I turned all my attention to the paperwork and tried as much as I could to finish it up. The downside of this was I didn’t even notice how time flew. When the receptionist came to the office and asked if I could close the door after I finish, it is when I noticed it was already six o’clock in the evening! I was tired already so I helped her close and headed home.

I arrived in the house a few minutes to seven. I was feeling hungry so I went directly to the kitchen to get something to eat. Near the dustbin, there was a box of the pizza that I took the day before. Then it hit me, I was to meet Fred today at his place for dinner!

I rushed over to the bathroom and had a quick shower. I grabbed my coat and started walking towards his apartment.

I could see his lights on and wondered if Mike was around. It was a while since I saw him and missed his company too. I took the stairs to the second floor when they resided and outside the door, there were a couple of shoes left at the doorstep. It was really muddy outside as it had rained so I understood why they chose to leave the shoes outside. Two of the shoes were male and I could recognize the black ones as those of Fred. The other pair belonged to a female. I wondered who the guest could be.

I knocked and pushed in the door.

Imagine to my surprise when I walked in and saw Ann at the couch with Mike! When did she return? I ran over to her and gave her a hug. I had missed her so much. She was like a sister to me and I was already getting bored being in the apartment all by myself. I noticed later on that I had created an awkward moment on Mike and Fred since I didn’t greet them when I came in. I stood up and gave them a hug.

“Oh, I see you have remembered us.” Mike joked.

“Sorry about that.” I said feeling embarrassed.

“It’s all good. Would you like a glass of juice?”  Fred asked while holding my waist.

“Yes, yes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment