Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Preparations


Upon our arrival at Fred’s place, Ann, my niece Molly and I met up with Fred and went over to inspect the grounds while my mom and aunties were busy catching up. The trees that were planted over at the garden had been trimmed a little bit so the canopy it formed was superb. The lawn itself was trimmed too and all that remained was arranging the chairs tomorrow.

Afterwards, we all went inside the house and had some drinks while we waited for our mothers to finish up before we left. My mom, Ann, my cousin, niece and I were to spend the night at a hotel nearby while my aunties had been booked to sleep at the guestroom. My dad and other members were come over in the morning.

I was wide awake when daylight came and the sun rays shown in through the curtains in my room. I rolled over and checked my phone that was on the table. It was almost seven oclock. I didn’t sleep well through the night. Maybe it was just me being nervous or the excitement of the day ahead. I walked over to the window and took a look on the street down below. The street was almost empty except few cars that passed by every few minutes. My mom had booked for us a suite that housed all of us. I went to the next room where Ann and my niece were resting. They had both waken up and were watching the television in the room.

“You guys slept well?” I asked as I sat at the end of the bed.

“Yes.” Ann replied. “You?”

“Not really. I couldn’t get any sleep.”

 “Don’t worry; you will get much deserved sleep after all this is over.”

“Kate, when will you wear your dress?” Molly asked. She was so excited with the whole wedding hullaboo and couldn’t stop asking me when it would start.

“It will be soon. But first, you have to go and wash up.” I replied.

While Molly took her bath, Ann and I continued watching some cartoons on the telly. In between the programs, we talked over her pregnancy. The nightdress that she was wearing was showing how big her tummy was. Her tiny frame could not hide the growth of the baby inside it.

My mom and cousins woke up a few minutes later and we ordered breakfast before we all went and had a shower. Time was running out already. It was around eleven when my cousin started doing our makeup. My mom was the first one to be done then followed by the girls. In the meanwhile, I called Fred and checked up on him. He sounded a little bit nervous but he assured me that he would be fine. Next I called up my dad. He was already supposed to have arrived already! He didn’t answer his phone the first time so I tried again. He didn’t pick up. As I was about to hang up, I heard a knock on the door. I walked over to open it and couldn’t believe who stood outside the door. My dad and brother! I hugged them tightly before asking them a load of questions.

“I tried calling you ….” I asked.

“I know. I was already in the hotel when you called.” Dad replied.

“How did you know which room we were in?”

“We had talked with your mother in the morning and she told me everything.”

“What? I dint know. Come in. I was just about to get my makeup done.” 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment