Thursday, September 27, 2012

Finally....


“Oh, maybe we should give you time to get done?” Dad said as they entered the room and noticed I was getting prepared.

“It’s okay. It’s rather too early for me to get all pampered up!” I replied.

“Alright, we will stay for a few minutes.” My brother added. “Sorry we showed up late.”

“No need to apologize, I’m glad you were able to come. I missed you.”

“I missed you too. By the way, congratulations! I’m so happy that my little girl is getting married.”

“Thanks dad.” I replied and hugged them both.

After they left, my cousin started to work her magic on me. My hair was the first one to be done and she styled it in a bun at the back of my head. She then applied my makeup after which I wore my gown. The veil was then fixed at the bun with the help of hair pins. I took time to check myself in the mirror after Ann helped me put the jewelry on. I couldn’t believe it! I looked good! The gown framed my body well. The veil reached my waistline and beautifully draped over my ivory gown. My makeup was well done and I looked flawless. I added a little bit of pink lip-gloss and I was ready to go.

“Catherine, are you ready?” I heard my mom shout outside the room.”

“Yes mom, you can come in.”                    

“Oh my God!” my mum exclaimed “You look marvelous baby.”

“Thanks mom.” I replied hugging her.

“Baby, you look beautiful.” She said. “And stop crying, you are going to ruin your makeup.”

I tried holding my tears back but emotions were high so I let them flow.

“You have made me proud Catherine.” Mum said. “Now wipe the tears away and go meet your husband to be.”

At exactly two o’clock in the afternoon, I walked down from my room accompanied by my parents to the grounds. My mom was in a peach dress and my dad wore a black suit. My two lovely maids were in their coral dresses. I smiled and nodded to them to start walking up the made up aisle which was adorned with white flower petals. I could see my relatives on one side cheering and taking pictures of me. Fred’s family was on the other side and they kept on glancing at me. Fred was standing with Mike at the altar with the priest. He looked so handsome with his black suit waiting for me. I could tell he was a bit nervous but trying his best not to show it.

I started walking up the aisle with my parents just when the music changed. Every step I took, my heart was both anxious and nervous at the same time. I could see the guests trying to take pictures of me. The veil did nothing to hide my fear so I kept pressing hard my dad’s hand.

The priest welcomed us all to the service and started presiding over our vows. It didn’t take long and soon we were pronounced man and wife. A brief kiss followed after we exchanged the rings before the church service ended. The guests were then moved to the reception area where they were served drinks and food while Fred and I took some pictures at the end of the grounds. My parents joined us for some pictures then we joined the guest for the reception. Truthfully, I never could have imagined that this day would come. Everything flowed smoothly and turned out great. The guest seemed to be enjoying themselves as they danced the afternoon away after Fred and I had our first dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment