Monday, January 20, 2014

Resolutions



By the end of that day, my mum was pretty messed up. I dragged her to the couch and let her take a nap there. I wasn’t going to drive her home at this hour. She might be lonely if she would be alone in the house. I was worried she might end up using liquor to ease her pain.

With her asleep, Fred and I took some plastic seats and went to the balcony to get some air. We sat next to each other and sipped more wine. It was so romantic. Since we lived on the top floor, the view to the streets below was awesome. Come to think of it, I have never taken more than ten minutes just relaxing on the balcony.

Fred leaned in and kissed me passionately. I kissed him back. He stopped a little then looked at me. The look in his eyes made me smile. You could tell that he was so into it. I wanted more. He figured it out and kissed me again but this time it was slow and more passionate. For about ten or so minutes, we were deeply engrossed to each other.

“So what was that for?” I asked.

“Can’t I kiss you for no good reason?” He replied while sliding to his chair.

“I didn’t mean it like that! It was nice.”

“You welcome.” He said and smiled.

I leaned and leaned on him putting my head on his shoulder. He then stretched his left arm and held my thigh.

“Any New Year resolutions yet?” I asked.

“Not really. I keep on breaking my resolutions.” He answered.

“I also don’t keep them.”

“Do you think this year we can try again for a kid?” He asked.

“I….” I started.

“Kate, its okay. We don’t have to rush. If you aren’t ready then we can wait.” He assured me.

I smiled. “I think am ready for a little one.”

“You are?” Fred shouted. “Are you serious?”

“Yes.”

“Thank you.” He said and kissed me on the forehead.

Fred started excitedly talking about babies and how he would like a baby girl. I smiled and listened. I have never known that he would be this excited. It made me want to have one soon. But I was also afraid. What if I loose the baby again like last time? Will I be able to carry the baby full time? I think this time round I have to go to a doctor first and see how it goes. I would not want to be disappointed again.


No comments:

Post a Comment