Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Advice

“Did I hear that well? You are pregnant?” Ann asked.

“Yes. I’m three weeks along.”

“That’s a surprise.”

“I need your help.” I asked.

“On what?”

“I need your advice on this Ann.”

Ann let out a laugh. “How can I help you?”

“What’s funny?”

“I’m just curious. When were you planning to tell me about this?”

“I was going to.”

“When?”

“Today.”

“Kate, we have been friends for so long. I would have thought i could be the first to even see you at the hospital.”

“I’m really sorry. Everything went so fast and I was scared.  Fred was angry with me and I didn’t know if it would be good to call you at that time.”

“You could have.”

“I’m sorry.”

“So what did Fred say about the whole thing?”

“He was confused I guess but he acted like a damn ass. He wanted to know whose baby I was carrying.”

“What?” Ann asked.

“Yea, we argued for a while about it.”

“So what are you guys planning?”

“I don’t know yet. Fred was suggesting I remove it as he is not prepared for the whole thing.”

“Man, that’s tough.”

“Yep. It is. That is why I wanted your advice.” I said looking at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment