Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Birthdays

“How could your forget my birthday girl?”

“I’m so sorry. I was busy with other things.”

“Really? I thought we talked about my birthday last week” She asked looking at my face as if answers were written all over my face.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Yea, you should be.”

“Yea, I am. Ill make it up to you I promise.”

“It’s okay. Glad I got a cake.”

“About that, who made you that?”

“Just another guy at the office.” She said smiling.

“Is he like hitting on you?”

“Nope. He is just nice.”

“Okay. I think ill eat to that.”

I went over to the kitchen and got some plates and a knife to cut the cake. It was a chocolate chip cake shaped like a doll. It was delicious.

“So what’s going on with you?”

“What?” I asked.

“Mike told me you were sick and rushed to the hospital. So what’s up?”

“Yea, I was but now am feeling better.”

“Okay. What was it?”

“I’m pregnant.”

Ann dropped her piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment