Thursday, May 5, 2011

Powerless

“That’s tough girl.” Ann said after I completed telling her about the pregnancy.

“Yes. It is.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Me too and the damn decision depends on my bloody life.”

“I know but aborting the child will affect you one way or the other. You need to make a wise decision on this but not because Fred said so.”

“I know.”

“I think you need to talk to Fred after he has cooled off so that you both can decide on the matter. It won’t be fair to him if you decide on something without telling him.”

We ate the rest of the cake in silence. I didn’t know what else to say. I kept imagining what my parents reaction would be if they eventually found out. My mother is a tough lady. She usually gets mad at anything no matter how small so this would definitely bring out the animal in her . How the hell would I be able to bring up another human being without even a job! I have been jobless for a while and had no savings let alone a plan for the future. Frank on the other hand, was desperate for another job since his was not going on well. On top of this, he thinks I planned all of this. Damn ass! Oh God, I feel so powerless.

We watched a couple of movies before Ann proposed we go to bed. It was already ten o’clock. Since she was waking up early to go to work, I decided to stick and watch more movies at least to ease my mind-after all; it is not like am going anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment