Monday, July 25, 2011

Bump Ins

Three hours later on my way back home, I alighted at the bus stop and headed to the grocery to buy some few tomatoes and onions. As I was waiting for the change, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly turned and there stood Sam.
Samuel McGraw or Sam as we used to call him, was my ex-boyfriend whom we dated for about two years while in college. Although we parted off mutually, both of us knew it would not last. I was bored for one and tired of trying to live in the expectations as he came from a very rich family. He was used to doing things in ways that i was not used to that. It was really hard keeping up.

"Hi kate." He started stretching his hands towards me.

"Hi Sam." I replied and handed my hands to him. He responded and followed with a hug. It was awkward.

"Long time Kate. You really looking good." He said.

"Thanks. You look good too. What are you doing these sides?" I asked.

"I was here to see my cousin who has moved here. What about you?"

"I live here Sam."

"Seriously?"

"Yea, the same place i was."

"You mean the same apartment?"

"Yes."

"Wow. How is Ann?"

"She is cool. We still live together."

I got my change and we both started walking to the directions of my house. We continued to catch up but as we approached the gate, I was not sure if I should let him in or not but went ahead with it. As he was settling in on the couch, I went to the kitchen and placed the groceries on the counter.

"Would you like something to eat?" I shouted from the kitchen.

"No thanks. I just had a late lunch and it was kind of heavy."

I was rather grateful for that response as I wasn't ready to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment