Thursday, July 21, 2011

Change of Plans

The silence wasn't helping so I decided to change the topic.

"Tina, I got a job."

"What? When?"

"Early this week. It was actually kind of easy. Fred told me about it."

"That's good. Congratulations."

"Thanks. It was about time."

"Yea, ill drink to that." Tina raised her glass and took a gulp. She then smiled.

Mum walked towards the table and sat down.

"So Tina, where would you like us to go?" Mum asked.

"We can go to my place. I'm alone." Tina answered.

"Okay. Kate, ill see you later. I have to go and talk to Tina about something."

"I thought you guys were talking here?" I asked confused.

"We were just waiting for you to arrive and inform you that the plans we had made earlier could not be possible." Mum said picking up the tab.

"Its okay then. You will inform me when you are through." I said.

As we were finishing up the drinks, mum told us that dad was doing well. He had been under medication on his blood sugar but he was doing okay. My brother had also got a prmomotion at work and treated his family to a vacation in Zanzibar. Guess everything was working out for all of us.

Tina took mum along with her on her car after we left the restaurant. I had no other plans for the day so I decided to go and have my nails and hair done at a beauty salon near the bus stop. I was starting work on Monday and had no other time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment