Thursday, July 21, 2011

'Perfect Couple'

Mum stood up to go answer a call after a few minutes. This gave me a perfect opportunity to ask Tina a few questions.

"Tina, whats up?"

"I'm good."

"Really? what about those bruises on your face?"

"I bumped into something Kate." She answered and sipped some tea.

"Tina, please don't lie to me. Those are bruises you got from being attacked."

She was silent for a while then answered softly.

"My marriage is not working Kate. That is why I called your mum."

"Does it include the attack?"

"Yes."

"When did this start?"

"Several weeks ago."

"Several weeks? And you didn't even tell me?"

"Kate, marriage ain't what you are thinking. At first I thought it was because of the argument we were having. You don't go telling people about the arguments in a marriage?"

"But he hit you?"

"Yes. But i have a child with him."

"So?"

"I can't just leave like that with a child on mind. Have you forgotten that I don't have a job?"

"Yea, thats true."

The waiter came and poured us more juice as we silently looked at each other. I couldn't believe this. Tina was going through much and it was too soon. They had been married just less than a year ago. Since business was doing so well, they had even moved to the suburbs and seemed like the perfect couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment